Project 1: DEADSHORE
This animatic is important to include in my final portfolio submission for FIEA because it shows my foundational skills as an artist. This animatic shows my understanding of lighting, value and contrast, composition, depth and perspective. To further enhance the storytelling aspect, the viewer watches the story progress through the main character’s, the mouse, perspective. Each panel was drawn to emphasize how large humans and their structures are compared to the mouse, further pushing the narrative that it is scary to be something so small and looked down upon in a room full of things bigger than you.
The underlying message of this project shows my inner struggles with imposter syndrome. When standing next to an abundance of my peers and extremely talented creatives, sometimes I can feel like the mouse in my animatic. I remind myself that as long as I work diligently, and to never give up on myself, that I will one day achieve my dreams.
By Bait or By Bullet is a 2D fishing rogue-like adventure video game. The player wakes up on an island beyond existence known as the Rock Beyond Reality, a collision of different universes and worlds, which can be shown by the different art styles in the game.
I worked on a team with about 25 people to create and develop this game from start to finish. For this project, I was on the art and animation teams. I received the honor of designing, creating and animating one of the main hub NPCs, along with their shopping stall , referring to asset one and two. I had full creative freedom when designing this NPC which allowed me to further push the narrative of the story behind By Bait or By Bullet. Furthermore, I designed and created multiple attack and movement buffs in the game. I had to make the designs as interesting and unique as I possibly could, while still keeping in mind the description of each in-game fish buff. I also got tasked with making a transition screen animation, referring to asset three, that would be used as a transition screen when the player enters the boss arena.
No comments:
Post a Comment